Qt creator

Question

hagiali    1

Hi again :)

I'm bit confused, the forum are change it again but look better

Already I made that topic  1 day ago but somehow was lost in update process.

I saw in git, you add support for Qt creator a usefull tool and I'm sure is not easy to set up to compile and few hints are welcome

First time I made a default project with Qt wizard and all was ok, I saw .pro file and a MAKEFILE.

Then my attempt to compile  http://prntscr.com/f3imbn after I browse the Bot.creator file. My question is , we don't need a .pro file and a qt special MAKEFILE ? How to add the libraries, I mean the boost...

7 answers to this question

GriefCode    37

Hey,

I'm using Qt under Ubuntu and not on windows. Simple to the things you have said there, I do not want to waste my time getting the boost lib running under windows and include it.

I'm using it once under dual boot but for testing purposes I have also a VM for VMWare, Virtualbox should work out as well. There you can simply install Ubuntu desktop and go along with it. However, you need to take care your computer is powerful enough to manage the process, doesn't need a lot actually. It is recommend having the VM running on a SSD else it will be laggy for you. Qt has a run script which will do the task of the whole installation.

I included the project externally, you can use the .pro file provided and open it as project. In the builder settings you will need to adjust the path.
Or if you want to include it yourself, you need to setup the builder executing a command on build, simply "make" :) 

I'm using it only for having a good IDE, I do not plan using any libraries from Qt as this will make the process of using/installing the GHost more complicated.

Greetings,
Grief

GriefCode    37

Before I miss that out,
I do not recommend using the bot on windows, it is not made for it and i provide 0 support on that.

Greetings

hagiali    1
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, GriefCode said:

I included the project externally, you can use the .pro file provided and open it as project. In the builder settings you will need to adjust the path.

After the project are imported, the Makefile from c++ Isnt recognized by qt even I added manualy and the .pro file is not provided/created.

Wizzard create only 3 files: .config .files .includes

http://prntscr.com/f48jke

Allready I installed the boost, all I need is the Makefile from your Qt  and the .pro file( both missing from git).  I will link myself libraries.

If you will upload these 2 file will help to run to compile.

The bot run from Ubuntu machine, but is very usefull to compile/verify when I don't have acces to Ubuntu server.

Edited by hagiali

GriefCode    37
6 hours ago, hagiali said:

After the project are imported, the Makefile from c++ Isnt recognized by qt even I added manualy and the .pro file is not provided/created.

Wizzard create only 3 files: .config .files .includes

http://prntscr.com/f48jke

Allready I installed the boost, all I need is the Makefile from your Qt  and the .pro file( both missing from git).  I will link myself libraries.

If you will upload these 2 file will help to run to compile.

The bot run from Ubuntu machine, but is very usefull to compile/verify when I don't have acces to Ubuntu server.

Not exactly, I told you i do not have a ".pro" file in my folder.
The Makefile is the same as it is present in the repository. All files from that directory have been uploaded to the repository, I do not have the "Makefile" either in my project from Qt. As long as the build is only executing "make" it should work as expected ;) 

Greetings

hagiali    1

1 hour ago, GriefCode said:

you need to setup the builder executing a command on build, simply "make" :)  .

As long as the build is only executing "make" it should work as expected ;) 

whre is the "make" command? Please share a print.